Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2018

I disagree with what Martha did.


You never realize how advanced we can really be. After watching the episode Wednesday, I was honestly in shock. To think that, that could be possible is really scary. Personally, I think it was a terrible idea. A terrible idea from the start. See, in everything in life, one things lead to another. From the beginning, my first thought was “no way anyone could do this”. But I really thought about it, and I know how hard it can be to cope with the death of a loved one. I personally know how hard it is to lose a loved one, and yes at times I wish I could hug or talk to them once more. But I don’t think I could ever can go to the extreme that Martha did. Personally, I would have deleted the email as soon as I got it. I do realize however, that the situation Martha was in, was quite a complicated one. Considering that she is pregnant, I see why she would find the need to still have Ash in her life. I believe at most, she should have kept it at the phone call level. I think it is not healthy to carry on a relationship with someone that is no longer there. It got to the point where she was attached to her phone like Ash once was. When it got to the point that she had to hide what she was doing, is when I think she realized that what she was doing wasn’t the correct thing. The problem with this whole robotic ash was that HE IS A ROBOT. Robots have no emotion. So, whenever she expected him to react a certain way and he didn’t, she had to realize that a human being and a robot are completely different. I think however, that she, at least for a while, didn’t see the Ash2 as a robot. She realized however that living with Ash2 was difficult to live with when she tried sleeping with him and he didn’t close his eyes or breath. That would honestly scare me, and I would have the uncertainty that I was safe. When it got to the point where she wanted him to jump and he wouldn’t simply because the real Ash never had suicidal thoughts, so he wouldn’t until she ordered him to. Then she gets made because he wasn’t scared to jump. I think though that when he did start crying and begging her to not make him jump, she didn’t want to lose him twice so that is why she told him to not jump. Leaving him in the attic was also a bad idea because I am curious to know how she explained it to her daughter. It is obvious the daughter knew, but what could have been the story?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with you. I feel like the calls and texts were okay to an extent but when she bought the actual Android and let it live with her, that's where she crossed the line.

Anonymous said...

I agree that Margaret should have kept communication with Ash 2 at an email and phone call level and that she crossed a line when she brought Ash 2 into her life. However, I'm not too sure whether or not he has no emotions. Ash 2 was learning so manny different things about humans, and who's to really say whether or not he was truly developing emotions, too? I honestly don't know. I was also wondering what she told her daughter about Ash 2 living in the attic and when she told her.