Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Deviants R Us review

“Deviants R Us” was a strange project and an idea I feel I would never be able to come up with. My first reaction was to laugh. My second and third were really to laugh too but when I realized how many different groups there are and how few of them are compared to the total population, I thought it was a good idea for them to have an outlet to go to. I do not know what made them think of this idea but I think it is good.

This app does bring some concerns. I think it bring a lot of dangerous people close to each other. There will always be people seeking out to use the internet in a bad way and this would be a perfect app for those people to use. They can lure people in by making them feel vulnerable, especially when they are in this app talking about who they are. It also brings concerns on who they are accepting. Some small groups are very dangerous and inappropriate. We, as the audience, asked questions about this and they seemed very open about changing this feature. They understood completely that groups like Skinheads and Swingers should not be accepting into their app feature.

I think that people in these types of groups have other outlets for them to go to. They have meetings and conventions for them to meet and hangout. These places are for them to feel comfortable in their own environment. I feel that when they go to these places, they meet people that they can call when they feel that they are alone. When they are alone, they would not necessarily need this app if they have the friends from the conventions where they are meant to meet new people with the same small group background.


All in all, they did a great job presenting their powerpoint and app feature. They acted very professional while speaking. It is a very serious topic but others who have never heard of the problems might think it is something that is funny, like I did. It was very well presented and answered the questions well. I do not think that I could have ever thought about this as a problem for these subgroups but the “Deviants R Us” did and I am sure the groups are very happy that they did. It is something I would not use but I am sure people in subgroups would love it.

No comments: