Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

Help Memphis with Help Memphis

For starters, I think this app is amazing and can be VERY useful for the Memphis community. Memphis gets such a bad name. With this app, I believe this can help shape Memphis into such a better place for those around the world to come and visit. I would just like to say I am ready to download this app for myself!
      This app is very beneficial for those of all ages! We all may know there is a suicide line, but not the number. Of course you can google the number but what's the point of googling the suicide line, the Memphis Crisis Center phone number or even the Community Legal center when you can go to one app and find all three? It's literally a helping hand for those in need. We all know the emergency number (911) by hard. But what happens when you run across a situation that is extreme enough for assistance but not extreme enough for the cops to do 80 in a 60? You don't want to get in trouble for calling the cops to something that doesn't need their presence. Who knows how much that will cost as a fine? Instead, you can go to this app and find the non emergency number and not worry about any of those problems.
       Having this app, can be a very useful tool for us college students. Can you say community service hours? *waits for reply* For those who like to help the community and are involved in the city, there are numbers to MIFA, Homeless shelters and more. Just learning where there are homeless shelters can help. Anyone can get in touch with a homeless shelter and find out how they can volunteer to help the homeless. Even with Salvation Army. I know I donate a lot of clothes to Goodwill mainly because I have no clue on how or where to donate to the Salvation Army. I know the Salvation Army is very beneficial to providing to families. I can call the number from this app and learn more about the donating process.
        Overall, this app is amazing and should be put to use to help those who are in need. The thing I love about this app the most is that you don't have to be homeless to receive information on how to get the resources you need. There is legal service section for those who may come across the law. When I got my first ticket, I knew I had to pay it, but some people may be confused about the process. Mine was simple because I went a little over the speed limit. For those who go 60 in a school zone may receive more and have to go to court. That has to be one long and confusing process. With the Help Memphis app, it wouldn't be so confusing.

No comments: