Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

SOS Review

Sustain Our Society was another one of my favorite app shown. I think that this was one of the most well thought out projects out of all of them. You guys really did a good job at describing what you were trying to accomplish and how exactly you were going to do it.  The technically aspects of the app and the features within the app were well developed and the tech stuff was great.
I think the concept of what you are trying to go is great. I think that there really is a problem with our society today; I think that there is so much that we can do to make our planet a better place and this app is a step in the right direction. One of my favorite aspects of the site has to be the ability to connect to your car and determine how you can save on gas and decrease emissions. This was really well thought-out and is something that I think could really be implemented.  Even if you could take a couple more cars off the road a day, that is still less than you had before.  Another cool aspect of the app is the ability to determine good health food options.  I know that this has advantages for both the environment as well as the consumer. This can make sure that you are helping out the environment by getting more ecofriendly options, but it can also help the individual by getting them to eat healthier foods.  For the most part, I think that all of the various sections of the app were great. All of the sections combine cover a wide variety of people’s lives and really helps you stay ecofriendly in many aspects of your life.
Another aspect of the system that I really like was the rating system.  I think that rating people by the time they have added to the earth is a great way of showing people how their decisions effect the planet and where we live.  Great concept however, I’m curious on how much it would take to make the earth last another second. This is the only problem I could see with the system, which could be fixed by scaling up the time.  Great job on this aspect of the app it is pretty great to have a visual of how you are helping out.

Overall, this is a great app that could really make a difference. I would really like to see this actually become and app and see people use it to make the earth better.

No comments: