Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Is it a Good Method of Punishment or Not?

I would say that I don't agree with the punishment that was happening in the episode White Bear but part of me does actually agree with it. At first I sided with her and wanted her to live but then I realized it is her fault she was the one who got herself into trouble. When I found out in the episode she said she was under her lovers spell. I think it was BS because when she videoed the murder and help her boyfriend with the murder I think she maybe would've snapped out of it, but then again some people do anything for love. 
Cruel and Unusual Punishment, I would say for the way Victoria was being punished, her punishment fits in that category. People in our time see it as unjustified, unfair and thats how we got our prison system set up .We think its better if we just lock the people in jail, and I understand that. But I mean if you think about it about half maybe more or less of these people have probably not changed so how can we see if they truly are being punished just by locking them up. I myself don't agree with Cruel and Unusual Punishment it really doesn't make a difference.But from what I saw in the episode, I like what was when she was given the punishment but I see that they would be better off without the erasable mind machine. It is not really a punishment it is cruel though it might be also in that type of society they might not have these types of punishments always set up. So for sure it is a Cruel and Unusual Punishment. if half of the time she doesn't remember what is going since its all going on repeat everyday. I also don't agree with the people at the end of the punishment. I understand all the people following with the camera, recording her because it 100% represent the person she was while the crime happened of the little girl. I think overall it is a C&U punishment but it sets a point across to the victims and if they didn't do the erasable mind machine than it actually probably would be way worst.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely respect your opinion about the prison system and how there's no real way if knowing of the inmates have changed. however I differ in thinking that Victoria's punishment or any similar are not the way to punish criminals. I mean where is the line drawn between the intentions of the criminal and those of the punisher of said criminal? I'm not saying that the justice system is perfect but it's better to sell the idea of rehabilitation than have the government commit criminal actions.