Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

White Bear for justice

     How do you define justice? I define justice as equality or what keeps us fair with one another. That's why we have rules that gives us a mindset of not committing any crime. Although, some people fail to follow rules. If we commit a crime and found guilty, then we face consequences which is determined by our crime. The more worse the crime, the greater the consequences will be. However, there are some people who are innocent and received consequences that they don't deserve. In fact, people have received death sentences for the misconception. Therefore, did Victoria, the main character,  have justice?

     To begin with, Victoria did have justice but her punishment went too far. It went too far because they were punishing her for a month. I agree how she was punished because of murdering her daughter, but she just watch her daughter burned to death. In my opinion, they should've done the punishment for about five days and throw her in jail. The punishment was enough for her to remember what she and her husband did. Even though, she wanted to die anyway when they revealed in the end that it was just all a set up, or they were going to keep doing the same thing until she dies. They could've just gave her a life in prison or a death sentence. Her husband is surely the one who should get a death sentence.

      In addition, the movie was confusing because of how awkward the people were doing. At first I thought it was some apocalyptic movie or similar the movie called, The Purge. But then she saw people recording where ever she went. It was weird how people would train and practice to just fool around Victoria. I'm pretty sure, if that happened in real life, there would be at least one person who would stand up and call it a day off. The people in the film were basically doing the same thing over and over again. Don't they have other things to do? Than just pretending to act dumb. If I was to participate with them, I would've quit the second day.

       Lastly, the film somehow correlated to today's society. People are mostly spending time on their devices. When people see something going like, a fight, for example. People would start recording the fight and do nothing about it but post fight on social media. Also, I felt like there was some kind of racism towards African Americans. From what I remember, I think Victoria and her daughter were the only black people that I saw in the film, and the people that where filming her was . Like today, societies view African American people as criminals, gang-members, or ignorant.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i appreciate you mentioning the awkwardness, that was very disorienting for me as I watched. I really don't thinkthat girl was their daughter, they abducted her.

Renee Aylin Aguilar said...

Thank you so much for bringing up the fact about people using their devices way too often! I honestly did believe the movie was something more regarding that. That people are basically walking zombies whenever their phone is in their hand and their first response to anything happening is to take a picture or record. I am guilty of this. I snapchat my way through life and I know so many other people who do the same. People especially do this in regards to fights or violence or riots. Worldstar is known for this, and yet so many people indulge in those videos. They like, share, retweet them, so I could totally see people as the bystanders in this film. Not necessarily to that extent but we should consider the fact that we all do, even if accidentally, fall victims of the bystander effect.