Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

A review of Mentality Reality

Why would I visit a website that offers video complications of drawing, dancing and playing an instrument? There are Youtube channels based on doing exactly those things. So what the point in the website? I don't really know. There were offers for games on the website too but you have to buy them either way unless they create their own. Websites like Steam allow you to play games that can be free or you pay for. Mental health is a huge issue that isn't discussed that often. I think it would have been a better idea to offer a service to teach people about issues in mental health. I would have preferred to see a solution to combat mental health issues instead of a distraction from them. I do understand the need to relax, to get out of your head for a little bit. As someone who has depression, I find myself watching drawing videos on Youtube but I never probably cope with my problems if I constantly push them away. "Make your dreams a reality". My dream is to not have to deal with that complete numbness I feel from my depression but how can watching videos do that? They can't. There is no one cure for depression. Yes, I might feel slightly happy after watching a dad attempt to mimic a professional dancer but my issues aren't being properly dealt with. If I willingly ignore my problems and cope by distracting myself, I am not making a healthy decision. I am masking the numbness of depression with a temporary happiness. After a while, I will no longer feel that happiness from watching videos and I still have depression. All in all, I don't see how this website would be helpful to someone suffering from those kinds of illnesses.

No comments: