Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

PTS-Talk, 12pm

     I have heard of forums before and chat-rooms where people of same interests or experiences can talk, but I have yet to hear of a forum and idea like PTS-Talk. I think the group did a great job with their presentation and their research, and I personally think their project was a really good idea. When it comes to PTSD, maybe it's just me and people are more aware now, but I feel like it is one of those conditions people have heard of but don't know what it is like or how vastly it affects people in their daily lives. I feel like with this project the group helped shine more light on the condition, while also coming up with a possibly good way of coping for people with PTSD. I liked that they split up the different forums by the type of event that caused the PTSD which I thought was a good way of organizing things and keeping it from being too chaotic for a website that is trying to do good, and the idea of having monitors for the forums was also good because hello, it's the internet--when do things not go badly in online chat-rooms? Besides keeping things organized, I also think that splitting the forums like that was a nice idea because usually when you think PTSD, you think war and veterans, but PTSD is more than that and can affect a wide range of people, so the splitting of forums was a neat feature for those with different cases of PTSD outside of war who also need a way to cope.

   I know that during their presentation they said that people that went with the intention of causing damage would get suspended or blocked from the site, but I was also wondering if they would maybe consider adding a 'mute-words' feature like twitter and tumblr? I mean obviously the site is to speak freely, but maybe there is a particular word that 'triggers' one user but doesn't affect others. I think this could be a possible feature to consider when it comes to users making their profiles, but other than that, I think the project was great as a whole and definitely well thought out.

No comments: