Pages

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

PTS-Talk

I think PTS-Talk is a great idea for a website. Personally, I think post-traumatic stress disorder is a huge problem that needs to be paid more attention to. I never really known anyone with PTSD but I have known or encountered people who have other mental disorders. So I have a slight idea of how problematic mental disorder can be for someone who have them. In my opinion, the mental scars can be potentially greater than the physical which it would  It would allow many people with post-traumatic stress syndrome or disorder to come together and help each other out. Sometimes it would do good to talk about your experiences as it is a coping method that helps people get past their trauma. The website would also be a good place to go for stories of people who managed to overcome their trauma for the inspiration of those who are still dealing with it.

I like how each person in the group gave their own personal experiences knowing or encountering people who have post-traumatic stress disorder in the presentation. I think it provides some huge background to the project and why it is needed.

 I like how there are different forums who share the same type of traumatic experiences like a combat experience or a medical accident. There's even a forum for miscellaneous for those who have experiences not covered by the other ones.

One of the things I like about this website the most is how "internet trolls" would be handled. We know how some of these trolls may look to this type of website to create problems for everyone like triggering someone with a picture or video. I like the plan that would be implemented to ensure that the people who go to PTS-Talk get the most of their experiences and not hindered by somebody who wanted to hurt someone.

If I or someone else I know develops PTSD, I would surely direct myself or someone else to the PTS-Talk.

No comments: