Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Catfish

  I have always liked catfish, it was always an interesting show for me but I had not watched the original one which was even a bigger interest of mine because I always wanted to see where it had come from, but even with the admiration for the show, there was always one big thing I never did care for. I never liked how people could just use the internet like that and be fine with it, and I mean this for both sides.
   The first side is of those who somehow thought that they found their love online. honestly who would believe that they could just trust someone they never even met, its not possible and yet people fall for it all the time. Nev seemed sensible but clearly not enough that he fell for that, espically with all the red flags. He could never talk to the little girl, which was the original reason for why he even contacted the family, that should have been the first and only warning he would have needed to know something was up, but no that still wasn't good enough. He then waited until the proof that the music wasn't hers finally upset him, but still it wasn't enough to stop the communication between them. the only way he thought he was going to get passed it was to go and meet her and sadly they still remain friends even after the truth comes out. I would have been done with her if that was me. I would have been done the moment she lied, I wouldn't have hunted her down, I wouldn't have even said bye, I would have just stopped.
   Then theres her side, the people who think its cute to mess with people's emotions because they are to scared to confront their own. Those people are almost like monsters because ruining someone's trust really ruins someone's ability to be in a good relationship afterwards and that's just not right. I understand that people have issues with themselves or their appearance but that doesn't give them the right to go and mess with someone's life through the use of technology. People need to know that is they are feeling low then the best thing to do is to work on themselves first and then go find love because how do you expect to love someone the way they deserve to be loved if you cant even love yourself, you just cant.
  Honestly it really is a very good video and it shows so much about the modern way of dating but it still also shows how terrible falling for someone could be regardless if that is online or in real life, and that is just really sad to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that people use the internet wrong in both of those ways, but that's just how the world is now. No one really starts talking to someone in person anymore. It really is a good idea to meet people online, but people tend to find a way to make something bad out of something great, and catfishing is the flaw. It happens to the best of us.