Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2017

This Is Why I Like Salmon



Love is one wild emotion we all have. This emotion allows us to be driven individuals to go out and tackle the hurdles of life; drives me to get the salmon over the catfish. When we get in relationships we can really see how this works. During my last relationship, before every date, I would buy my girlfriend a purple rose or flower. I drove to the same local garden so much the employees knew me by name. Love drove me to do things that may be inconvenient or over the top, but love drove me to make her happy. From the movie we watched, "Catfished." Nev pours himself into this girl he meets on Facebook, sadly this did not have a happy ending. He drove down to see his love, in which turns out to be a 40-year old mother. She lied about everything, even used her own kids as tools to hook Nev in this scheme. Nev was completely professional and an up-most gentlemen when dealing with the situation. I don't know what I would do in a situation like that. Watching a man invest those many months into a fraud hurts more than I could imagine. She thought this was a fool-proof scheme. Multiple accounts, two phones, and a great strategy to hook guys. It worked for a long time, Nev was trapped in the scheme for many months. Though she forgot that love drives guys crazy and will do radical things. It took Nev to expose her to truely understand that what she was ruining others' lives for her own interest. She didn't see the true consequences nor that someone would eventually figure it out. I have a friend who went through the same situation. He meets a girl on Tinder and falls deeper and deeper into her trap. Eventually, with the help of Google Reverse Imagine search, he found out this was some old creep who made a fake account and stole all the photos from models website. He felt so ashamed of himself. Knowing that he expressed all those emotions to a complete stranger made it that so much worse. Many people believe less harm is done when they lie to people through the internet, or it's completely untraceable. Even though they may never get caught they are still robbing the lives of others, in which can never be replaced. Thankfully "Catfish" has opened the eyes to many that this scheme is out there and we need to protect ourselves. Love brings many people great happiness and amazing relationship, but handle it with care. Go ahead and get the salmon.

3 comments: