Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

White Bear

Watching the show White Bear threw my minds through many loops trying to understand what was going on. At the beginning, I was sure that she was on some heavy drugs and they had her delusional. Then, seeing the people just stand around watching made me have flashbacks to when I was little watching scary movies with my big brothers and not understanding what was going on. Even though I knew that wasn’t the case I was still confused. Some of my questions were simply:
What is going on?
Why are they chasing her?
Why are they recording her and NOT helping her?
Why do these people have on a mask?
None of it made any sense and then as soon as I just became content with being confused a stage opened and revealed it was all a show. WHOA?
 So, everyone was in on this but the woman?
At this point, I realize that she is was not on any drugs and that these people have purposely put her through this trauma. Leaving class, I was so confused, and I just could not even explain to people what I had just watched in class. Thankfully, in the next class period, my mind was put to rest. Even though we did not finish class on Monday I was able to realize where Dr. J was going with her lesson and how it related to the film.
Even though she did assist in kidnapping the young girl and her murder and I do believe she deserves some type of punishment. However, the punishment was not acceptable. At this point, she has no idea who she is or who she was. How is she supposed to be able to accept the punishment if she is not mentally there?  It is technically not even the same person and they are just punishing he body. Also, they put her through his over and over again and have turned it into a show. Then, to make it worse people come visit it like it is a fun thing to do. I honestly do not see any this funny or amusing about this situation. All in all, that may be still physically her, but it is not mentally her and they punishment is not valid in my eyes. I was hurt watching this film and even more hurt and how you anyone could try to make sense of this.

This is not justice, and this is not fair. 

No comments: