Pages

Monday, November 27, 2017

Catfish

In the movie Catfish our hero Nev is mislead by a woman pretending to be a bunch of people who do not exist. After reflecting on the movie I began to wonder if "Catfishing" someone was any more immoral than lying about yourself in real life.
People create a character profile for themselves as they walk through life.  We present ourselves to others as how we want them to view us instead of how we truly are. I know personally I act differently when I'm with my friends than I do when I'm at church or talking to my family and I'm certainly different when I am alone. So based on this am I lying to my family, friends or even myself? Is it morally wrong to present myself a certain way to them and would it be more wrong to do this over the internet?

No comments: