Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

A Restrictive Parent's Dream: The Jogo Band

Growing up, I had--and in some ways, still do--some pretty restrictive parents, especially when it came to computer use. My dad in particular was ever watchful on how much time I sent in front of a screen. I'd like to say that this strictness helped me develop my sense of independence from technology. I very rarely watch TV or movies, and I'm hardly ever on my phone. When I look at other people, and see them glued to their smartphones, I thank my parents for disciplining me as they did. This is why I really like the idea of Jogo Band. I personally am underweight, and have been underweight for basically all my life, but I can still get behind this product for the restrictive electronic aspect of it.
In an age where parents are looking to technology as means of entertaining their kids, I think Jogo Bands will help children spend their time more wisely. Indeed, I have noticed a general increase in overweight children, and there are statistics that support my observations. Surely spending time outside, doing some kind of physical activity will combat this. Moreover, Jogo Band operates on a reward system, where the children gets their computer/TV/video game time as a reward for being active. I personally think this is a very good idea, and this product is thoroughly thought-out.
I can definitely see this being implemented among young kids. A product like this would surely combat both childhood obesity and the growing problem of children being attached to electronics. I really don't see the children themselves having any problems with the band, provided all or most children wear one to prevent peer shaming. It would be great for them to see using their electronics as a reward for doing some amount of physical activity. Parents will also have a convenient way of monitoring their child's exercise for the day, and ensure their time gaming or watching TV is well earned. This product will make it very easy for parents to ensure balanced time management--better than having a parent constantly watch over what their child is doing.
Overall, I really like this concept, and wonder why something like this hasn't already been implemented. The level of thought put into this idea is obvious, and I can see no glaring flaws with it. Surely a lot of good can come from the Jogo Band, for children, parents, and our society as a whole.

No comments: