Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

My Thoughts on FinU

Finance University is definitely a useful and good idea. As a college student with student loans, I can honestly say I constantly find myself concerned about my future and how I am going to juggle a new career (if I'm lucky enough to land one), moving out, and then having that debt on top of me. I feel like if anything, a service like Finance University would give me people to discuss my options with, and feel more confident in choices that I make. I can't really think of many companies like this that are targeted to only college students, and especially one that is well known among college students. The user friendly website is even more appealing, and seemed to offer a lot of options for different situations on debt. Some people might not need the maximum amount of help offered, and others might need just that to figure out where to go in their financial situation. The budget worksheets on the website definitely offer a sort of self help options and make things easier for those students who don't need consultation or any kind of specific help from professionals. Even more so, the contact page gives the student a more confident feeling in dealing with the company. I defiantly think this company is useful and feasible. I really liked the idea of working together with universities. I think schools would like this because it'd definitely be appealing to prospective students. It shows the school isn't just trying to get students' money, but rather providing an opportunity for those that do have to go into debt. The company definitely sells itself in that way when appealing to a partnership with schools. I also think it would get the word of the company out, give the company business, and even maybe give a way of financing the company that offers free services. Once that partnership was made, I don't really see a problem with the company taking off. Like I said earlier, I would for sure be interested in a service like this. Student loans add a stress to a student when there is already enough stress on that student. A service like this, especially when the school offers it and there is no cost to the student, would give a more solid foundation in making that decision on how to finance school and how to continue to stay in good situation financially after school.

No comments: