Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Thoughts on BioCan Invention

      My first blog I decided to write about was the one I was most impressed by. The invention of the BioCan completely took me by surprise and quite honestly blew me away. To be able to invent something of this magnitude in the first place and then have a controllable app to accompany it is the cherry on top.
      To understand my review, I will give a rundown of the groups invention. To address the issue of landfills and pollution throughout the world, not just our nation, this group created an appliance entitled BioCan. It is a medal trash can that comes in two sizes including one for regular home owners as well as an industrial size for places like restaurants. Instead of a normal trash can with a bag and lots of mess, this can internally releases chemicals that essentially break down all articles inside (with exception to glass and large plastics) and leave virtually nothing behind. I might add that the larger model for restaurant is able to withstand large articles as the chemical release is much larger and more heavy duty. It then emits a cleaning solution that make it available for human touch and use again. This invention will drastically reduce the problem of pollution world wide and help recover our ecosystem.
     As a business major, I am always so interested in how chemistry, engineering, philosophy, art, etc. majors mind's work. I am certain I would never think of this particular issue of pollution and the growing land fills in the first place. While I was already intrigued by the issue they were addressing, the invention they then presented kept me involved and full of questions the entire presentation. What was even more impressing was they group had answers to every single question that was asked all the way down to the chemical break downs that take place during a certain period in the BioCan's disposing cycle. I felt as though the group truly put a lot of work and time into their project to not only make something so useful but also so flawless in a sense. I think that with the right resources, this group could create this invention in the future and truly change something for the better in the world! I also look forward to other things this group of guys can work together to invent as they are already on the right track for success.

No comments: