Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

"MorCal: WW_D?" Critical Evaluation


This app, “MorCal: WW_D?,” is a moral calculator designed to help people form opinions and come up with answers to current and relevant moral issues. The presentation was very well put together in my opinion, and I thought the matching t-shirts were a great idea. It was very clear that this group was well prepared for their presentation. The project focused on some current major moral issues in America. Some of the issues discussed were discrimination, human rights, government, religion, and health. All of these issues are very prevalent in our daily lives. The app had a feature for the user to type in “your problem”, and it was kept private. I liked this feature on the app, and thought it was very well designed. This app seems like it would help people with gaining some perspective and an awareness of some current issues. The demo of the app was very interesting and seemed user friendly. I liked being able to see what the app would actually look like if it were created. The app gave a personality test of sorts to help it gain some insight on ways to better present data to the user. I liked how the app gave many options to answer your problems or current issues. It seems like something that many different people could use since it is not focused on one viewpoint or ideology. I think if one had an open mind, the use of this app could greatly benefit the user in seeing varying perspectives on issues. I don’t really see this app as a calculator though, considering you do not get one definitive answer. Of course, in many moral problems there is not just one single answer. The answer is relative toward the perspective one has. I think the group did pretty well to explain this concept. I think that someone who is not open to new ideas or ways of thinking would not appreciate this app like someone more open minded would. I personally would enjoy hearing other sides of arguments on issues and think that this app would be beneficial for me. I also think this app would benefit those who are young and are exploring and forming their own opinions. It would help expose them to new ideas or ways of thinking that they had not yet considered. I think that this app was well designed with a great idea behind it. I also believe that the presentation was very organized and well prepared for.

No comments: