Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Solving a Major Problem in America:Feeding the Hungry

Helping feed the homeless is a very big issue in America and I am glad that one of the group's in our class decided  to tackle this issue. They wanted to give homeless people more respect so they decided to come up with a vending machine that restaurants would use and put their left over food in it.This would allow the homeless to come into these restaurant and get a  good meal. The group also said that they would get a card that the homeless would use to slide it in the vending machine and that's how they would receive their food. I thought this vending machine idea was a great invention but I though they should make a few changes to it.  The first suggestion that I have is that the vending machine should be heavily regulated by the government so that the restaurant is not giving the homeless unsafe food. I also think there should be tax cut incentives for restaurants who use this vending machine so that more restaurants would be more likely to have it. I think that  the card should also  have three meals on it a day so that the person would not just receive one meal a day. I also think that families should get enough cards to feed their entire family, for example if you had three children, your children would each receive a card. I also think that the vending machine should  have a microwave attached to it so that the homeless would be able to warm their food up and they would not just be limited to sandwiches or food that does not need to be heated up. Another suggestion that I  have for this invention is allowing churches to get  a hold of these vending machines so that they could also help feed the homeless. Then the last suggestion was brought up by a girl in our class and that was for the  general public to be able to buy prepaid cards to help feed the homeless. I think this is a wonderful idea because instead of just giving the homeless money and not knowing what they were using it for, you can give them a card instead. I think this would actually cause more people to help the homeless because they would know that they are going to be using for just for food. Overall I think this group came up with a wonderful idea on how to feed the hungry and I think with some helpfully suggestions this invention would become a great success.

No comments: