Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Jogo, I Go, We All Go Away from Sugar

Jogo is a pretty awesome concept when you think about it. The group started out by explaining how childhood obesity has become an extreme problem in the world, especially in America. It truly is sad how common it is to see nowadays when a couple years back it was not this prevalent. The group described the issues childhood obesity can and will cause both when it occurs as well as what will happen in the future to those affected by it. I personally was shocked to see exactly how many health effects it has on people, including the alarmingly high number of types of cancer it can lead to. The group then began to talk about the main cause for child hood obesity occurring in the world today: sugar. The group describes how much and how quickly our consumption of sugar has increased over the past few years. Apparently, this has a lot to do with fast food restaurants serving larger and larger drinks with more and more sugar in them. I actually had no idea Kentucky Fried Chicken even served a drink that sixty four ounces large. The thought of drinking all of that soda is pretty terrifying to me. But then they show the image of the drinks standing next to each other. This picture really made how bad the situation is click with me. I thought sixty four ounces was large, but according to the diagram, that’s not even the tip of the ice berg. There is a company out there selling sweet death from a bottle which they dubbed “Team Gulp”. All of these things make their technological solution even more needed in our society. I like how the app collects all the data and makes it like a game for kids to play. I mean, I know I would exercise more if I could get points to “unlock” the next stage (which would be playing games on the television). I believe this feature will get kids more involved in exercise which will have an overall better effect on their lives than if they start later in life. I mean, there will always be people who will refuse to use the product, but overall I can’t see why people wouldn’t. The main loop hole I see to the technological solution would be the fact that if one kid has reached their points for the day or doesn’t even have the product, what is to stop the other kids from playing on their devices? 

No comments: