Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Stressed Out: There's an App for That

On Wednesday group number five presented their presentation  which was about stress levels. They  gave everyone in the class a survey to fill out and I was shocked that I scored a 20 out of 40 on the stress test. I scored the highest on the lifestyle category, which made me realize that I need to take better care of myself. After we discussed how we scored on the test the group gave us different statistics on how people are stressed out. One interesting piece of data that really struck  out to me was that 52 percent of millennials were so stressed out that they could not sleep in the last month. This was very interesting because most people view millennials as people who are  lazy and do not have any real world issues. This is not the case for millennials especially those who are in school. We have to balance our school life and our social life, which can become very over whelming at times. So the group decided to come up with an app called "Stress Less". When you fist enter into this app it would give you a test on how stressed out you are, which would be similar to what the group gave us in class. Then after it analyzed your test it would give you suggestions on how to  de-stress. For example it would give you options such as listening to peaceful music or rock n roll  music to help calm you down. It would also give you videos that you could watch so that you could get in  a better mood, such as looking at funny cat videos. The last suggestion the app would offer you would be places that you could go to, such as Muddy's Bakeshop or Panera Bread. A suggestion that I would have for the app is to make sure that if a person scores very high on the stress test that the app would recommend that they should  seek professional help. I also believe that when you first enter into  the app that it should immediately tell you that this app is just suggestions on how to des-stress and that it is not a medical professional. I think this app should be heavily marketed toward college students who tend to get stressed out on a daily basis. Giving college students this app would help them greatly especially when they are dealing with finals. Overall  I  think this is a wonderful app and if it existed I would definitely use it.

No comments: