Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Hotspot For Homeless

I love the idea of a "Hotspot for Homeless" this is one of my favorite projects which was presented in class. The group did a great job at presenting their issue and executing it by presenting a solution. The issue which they presented was the cold weather and how it honestly terrorizes not only homeless people, but people with homes also. They explained the different forms of conditions that comes from being out in the cold weather. The one that scares me the most is frost bite. Anytime that I am outside, I make sure to keep my fingers, toes and other parts that are vulnerable to the cold wrapped up very well. However, for homeless people this is a severe issue. They are unable to do this due to being outside and not having sufficient clothes for it. Therefore, this group created the heated pole that allows homeless people to sit under during the winter. I believe that this is not limited to homeless people only, but everyone who is out and cold. Personally, I have seen a lot of homeless people who have been out in the cold and the don't have a nice warm coat or shoes, this would be great to sort of get rid of that issue. I know for sure that many people would support this invention due to the fact that it truly is solving a problem in an environmentally great way. With that being said, it utilizes solar energy to power its battery and that stored energy keeps it running for the entire winter. This is genius because there is no need to plug it up to an electric power brick. It is all natural clean energy. I really hope that this group makes an effort to make this an actual thing. The only thing that could possibly be in the way is the issue of price, Solar panels are very expensive.

No comments: