Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Evaluation of CBU Connect

Ngan Nguyen
When my group first met, I have proposed the idea of an app which includes Bannerweb, Moodle, and CBU email to them, but it was very simple so we proceed with the MORCAL. The idea of CBU Connect is definitely a benefit to the students because they can track their schedule, absences, and alarms for classes. I am a very responsible person, but sometimes I lose track of the absences in a class. The professor does not upload those absences until Midterm or Final. It also motivates me to go to class when I have a lot of absences. I really like the feature where the student records the homework assignment and with the alarm, it gives a notification that one must do the homework at this particular time. I believe that this app could add a menu from the cafe because sometimes I want to know what is there for lunch and dinner. However, I think Hannah said that adding the athletic involvement would complicate the app because this feature focus on the academic aspect. One problem which could arise is students rely on this app daily and all of a sudden, it shuts down. All the of the recorded information will be erased and the alarm notifications are deleted. Another feature that I like about this app is Bannerweb and Moodle because they are easily access through an app rather than I have to log into my Gmail on Safari then transfer me to Moodle. I am positive that if this app was to be proposed to the administrators, they would take into consideration. Also, one suggestion that I would propose is adding the grading system where the students can see their current quiz grades, test grades, and participation grades. When the student realizes he or she did poorly in the discussion of the class, he or she is more prone to participate and be more active. However, some students are carefree and they would stare at their laptop while the professor is giving a lecture. Overall, I think this app is technologically helpful to Christian Brothers students, and thus it should be applied to other schools. Another thing I like about this is that I do not have to carry a planner with me because I record everything in the calendar. Also, another pro of this app is having the contact list. A complication that I face is when I want to send emails to my group member, I have to ask for the specific one. However, with the contact list, the people who I need to send emails are more efficient.

No comments: