Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

College Central Review


College Central is an app focused on making college life easier and stress free. The idea of the website and app is good and I think that it would be super convenient to just have one website instead of the many that we need for each class and the many different websites that we use for homework and to buy books and materials. The presentation focused a lot on anxiety though and I do not feel like it would really help with anxiety as much as they aim for it too. College is expensive and saving some money is nice, but it is not a substantial amount. Anxiety in college also stems from more than just financial reasons. I feel like they should have focused the app more on just the convenience of having everything on one website. Yes include that it saves money, but it is not enough to ease the stress of finances in college or the stress of everything else that goes on in college. I also wanted to know more about how they would advertise this to students in colleges. Would they team up with the school and make this website the college’s home page or base site or would they just have this as something like moodle linked on the college’s home page? It is unclear but I do assume they would probably team up with the schools and teachers and then have the website linked on Cbu.edu in our case.
                The features of this app are nice and I like how all of the events on and off campus are listed because the system right now for advertising events is not really effective. I feel like I never find out what is going on and whenever I do it has already happened or it is too late to make time for the plans. The countless amounts of emails are also very annoying as well and I feel like having it all on one site that also lets users rate the events is very useful. I honestly wish the website existed already because it would save a lot of time and emails. Yes there are somethings that may need tweaking such as, but overall this app is a good idea. The only real critique I had was that it did not really seem to fix the problem of anxiety like they were aiming for and it does not really save that much money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agee! I like how this app/website has everything on it, we won't have to go searching for it through countless emails or on the cbu.edu website.