Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

iDriods

The project iDroid was very interesting and I did think they had a really good presentation. Personally, I am not a fan of the potential of AI becoming more mainstream than they already are. Although I feel this way, I do also believe that they are inevitable and we must learn more about them if they are to be integrated into our society. Most people are unaware that AI are going to be a huge part of our lives in the future. Taking jobs, improving jobs, becoming an everyday essential item, and more. For me, this is terrifying as I don’t want to think of a world where robots roam around as “life partners” or workers, especially if i am not able to tell them apart from real humans.iDroid website is a tool that helps to educate people about these AI machines, and allows users to see photos and find more information on how to purchase or find them. The site did include androids and look alike dolls, which one of my classmates brought in to show us. This fake baby doll was meant to smell, look, and feel like a real baby. As soon as i held it, i was terrified as many of my other classmates were. It was very interesting to have a life model of some things that are included on their website. It was also very helpful that they explained why people purchase these lifelike dolls. Many infertile couples may purchase these dolls in order to help them feel better about this void in their lives. This project shed light on a problem in our world that is up and coming, meaning I did not realize it was an issue until presented to me. This website would be a great tool to those who are beginning to understand the uses of AI, as they research for further information.

The only downfall for me with this project was that it was slightly vague. I understood that they were attempting to educate, but their website lacked any specific information. I would have liked to seen how each of their examples can be integrated into society or work forces, a FAQs page, a contact page to ask questions. I also agreed with Dr. J’s statements about how they included dolls when speaking about AI, which are two different things. I would suggest changing the name or adding separate tabs that are specifically labeled as dolls.

No comments: