Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

901 Eats review


In the project, 901 Eats they are they are trying to stop the waste of food in America. I like how they target helping homeless people by delivering food to homeless shelters and by also delivering to food banks. In today's time people tend to overlook homeless people due to the thoughts that they think a homeless person would go buy drugs or alcohol with their money. Also, people are skeptical of who is actually homeless because some people do pretend to be homeless. I also love the idea of taking the food directly to a shelter or food bank is better than just driving around and handing the food out. On the website, it states that if the general population has any food that they are not going to  use they can donate it. I personally think that is an issue because you don't know their intentions. It reminds me of Halloween, when you go to someone's house you are hoping that they don't poison your candy, but you wont know till you eat it. I think it would be better that if the general public does not donate, but only restaurants. However, the information that the group provided was really great. I was not aware that 40 percent of food in America is thrown away. I fall victim to throwing food away sometimes, but it is not because I can't finish it but the food is gross. In the video, the guy goes to McDonalds and starts taking out the food in the trash can. In that situation I feel like that food should not be donated. I personally would not feel okay with eating fries from someone I don't know. As far as expanding goes I think it would be a little difficult it is a non-profit organization. I also hope that they would have more than one truck because I think with only one truck doing the job not a lot of things would change. Also, if they only have one truck would they deliver to the same homeless shelter every week or would they spread the food across the Memphis area by donating to different shelters every week. Overall, I think thins is a really good idea to help with food waster and with hunger. I believe this would be a great volunteer project because it is a way for someone to feel like they are giving back to their community. However, I do believe that they should have more than one truck for a change to happen.

No comments: