Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Vote - ified the app

I feel like the Votified app was a great idea, but it was not presented and executed well. I feel like with more time the group could have come up with something that was really good. I think the idea of an app that, makes it easier to find all your election materials in one place a fabulous idea. I think that this was the premise of the app. Though throughout the presentation it was unclear whether they were going to try and get people interested in the voting process of r if they were just trying to make the process easier. Their story changed quite a bit on that front. I personally feel like that the group does not need to try and get people interested in the voting process and in politics. I feel like that just putting all the things related in a current election in one app will be an amazing help. By having everything on a convenient location you are now making it an easier decision for people based on the fat that they can actually find information that is reliable on the candidates.
     I feel like the problem with trying to get others interested in the voting process lies within what they are trying too accomplish as a whole. Are they trying to get everyone to vote? Are they trying to make the process easier for people who already vote? Or are they just trying to make an app that give reliable information about candidate and elections in real time because its hard to constantly try to look up information on an election as an individual. It all depends on what problem they are trying to address. Though they did not address their problem  clearly I can see potential for the app. While there was a conflict of what problem we are addressing their was also the problem of how they were going to fund this. Because you can not have an app like this that is supposed to be free using all the resources that they will have like people making blog posts for current elections. Not paying the people who they are working for.
     Like I said the app needs a bit of work but it has a solid idea I would love to see it once it was complete.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree that this was a great idea, but I think it definitely needed more effort from the group. This project left me feeling quite confused about their problem and solution.