Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

Project Smiley

Project Smiley
I really enjoyed the Project Smiley presentation and really loved how entertaining and well-prepared for the oral presentation they were.  Personally, I rarely use social media and when I do, I only use Instagram.  I most likely wouldn't use this site, but that is literally just because social media isn't really my thing.  I do see, however, where this site would be a very useful tool to students and would pull in a large group of younger crowds.  There is a few worries and suggestions I have pertaining to the site.
  1. I completely understand why other people in our class were worried about this site "allowing" people to skip class more frequently.  I do know people who skip class on a regular basis because they have friends in the class that they know takes good notes.  They'll skip a class or two and show up to take pictures of the notes with their phone.  If this kind of behavior is already providing people with the tools to skip class, I can only imagine that Project Smiley will also push people to skip class more frequently.  I think this especially becomes an issue if the site starts allowing people to upload video and audio of the classes that people may have missed.  Why attend class when you can watch it from the comfort of your own couch?
  2. I would be interested to see if you guys could incorporate a specific section of the site and forum to adult students.  It seems right now that the site is aimed more directly at younger students in their teens-twenties.  After high school, I attended one year of college, had a horrible accident my second semester, and was forced to withdraw from my classes.  I took several years off, and finally, after careful consideration, decided to return to school.  As an adult student, I find it more difficult to "mesh" with some of my fellow classmates because they are so young.  If your site could allow a section for adult students to chat, share notes, and commiserate with one another, that would be amazing, and probably would convince me to use this site to some minimal degree.
Overall, I think your concept is definitely interesting and one that real companies would be interested in backing.  I think your presentation was fun and kept me interested throughout the entire thing.  You are all great at speaking in public and really impressed me.

No comments: