Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Project Smiley

            Project Smiley gave a refreshing update to Khan Academy, as they discussed in class. It was one of my favorite ideas discussed in class, as it is extremely beneficial to college students. I feel as if this project, if brought to the right people could wind up being a huge grade saver to all college students around the country, as this team brings all subjects together and provides great recourses that many people definitely need.
            One of my favorite parts of the project was the recourses page, as they had tons of classes listed and each link led to a useful video. Those videos, and PowerPoints that would be added, are an amazing tool in order to keep students on top of business while outside of the class. I feel like there’s a lot that could be added there too. Obviously, this is just a quickly created website and won’t have everything perfectly together, but I would like to see some new additions to this page in the future. The main addition would more dropdown tabs, which would give more specific examples of what to look for under each subject page.
            I liked the forum that people can ask questions on. It makes dealing with customer service so much easier, as it gives the users direct access to employees and other people who are capable of answering. I feel like being able to reach out to someone and ask questions personally is something that makes this website stand out over any other similar business that has already been made, such as Khan Academy. This serves such an amazing purpose to all users, and provides such easy access to help, which is something that most users want anyways.

            I really liked this presentation a lot. I definitely would see myself using this if it were able to get up and running. Though I do not know the moral issue that this is covering, it is still such a cool and unique idea. I appreciate how you all used something that has already been done, but you improved it so much and turned it into something so functional that I could actually see colleges and universities implementing it into their daily lives in the near future. Once again, I have said this too many times, but I still love the idea of allowing people to direct message ande get in touch with qualified individuals in order to get better and more personal answers to questions.

No comments: