Pages

Friday, April 27, 2018

iDroid

The iDroid presentation was honestly the first presentation to have me completely immersed in the presentation. Firstly, I loved how they showed confidence in their topic because let’s be real: this is a tough one to address. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the previous projects but I loved how this group chose Artificial Intelligence. What can I say, I’m biased! I definitely got Black Mirror vibes from it. It was risky done well.

In the project,  the iDroid presentation showed the class these A.I. dolls, ranging from sexier women to even infants. In my opinion, the female companions looked obviously NOT HUMAN LIKE, but the infant ones were crazy similar to real life babies. My favorite part of the project is when they brought an actual premature baby doll. My mouth dropped, and I muttered the words “Hell. Nah.” Even though it wasn’t necessarily Artificial Intelligence, I have to admit that it was still creepy. That doll resembles a baby way too much. Dr. J even pointed out that everyone in the room passed the doll around with caution as if it were actually a baby. I appreciated how this group went the extra mile because as stated earlier, this topic is quite risky. I was definitely paying attention the entire time.

One thing I would have loved to see is more website features. I understand that iDroid is more of an informative service, but it would’ve been nice to see more interaction with the potential customers. For instance, maybe there could’ve been a section where people can share their experiences or news about A.I. galleries, and also links to purchase these drones rather than just giving us information we could search for ourselves. Droids are not common whatsoever, so more people are interested in seeing other people’s reaction. By seeing that other people like their “lifelong partner,” this could allow others to feel more comfortable with the idea. So for this portion, they could’ve added a page called “Testimony” or something, where people can see clips of people embracing their new purchase.

I am not necessarily against Artificial Intelligence, but of course like anyone else, I am definitely nervous for how they will integrate into our society. We already have voice recognition so hopefully if A.I. does become a common thing, it won’t be as scary as everyone thinks right now.

Anyway, good job you guys!

No comments: