Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Vote-ified App


Out of all of the presentations, I feel as though Vote-ified had the best concept. Voting is a privilege that many people take for granted whether it is because they are too busy or just lack of interest in general. Personally, I am not a person that is very interested in politics so when it is time to vote, I do not know who to vote for because I do not take the time to educate myself about the candidates and their positions. It is also hard to find information on candidates that are not biased or skewed by other people’s views on the candidates. An app like this would just make everything easily accessible and more convenient for someone like me to stay informed and try to keep up with everything that is going on during an election. The only problem I see with this idea is that they would have to be very careful to disclose information that is unbiased and to show both the good and bad sides of the candidates. Showing only the candidate’s bios that they made themselves does not fully show who the candidates truly are but rather a sugar-coated version of themselves. There would need to be some sort of system to display only the facts and leave out opinions from other people. Another problem I see is that the app is mainly for people who already want to vote. Though the point of this app is to raise the number of voters, I really do not think it will do so until it advertises to all people. I would not find this app myself unless it was advertised to me in some sort of way. Someone made a comment in class suggesting the group to work with high school students and I believe that this is such a great idea. I feel like high schools would also not charge much or any at all to encourage students to vote and use the app. This would be able to spread the word to a wider audience and a younger audience which I think is very important. People around the ages of eighteen or early twenties tend not to vote because they do not really feel as it would be effective , but in reality if everyone in this age group voted, it would make a huge difference in the outcome of an election. I hope the group keeps these suggestions in mind. I think if they did, they could really create something unique and useful for our society.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also feel like Votified has a great concept they could have done alot with it but didn't.