Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Plus And Bonuses Of The Application In Question


Review of P.L.A.C.E.S.
One of the projects that caught my attention was that of the P.L.A.C.E.S. application that was presented a few days ago. The idea is differently something that will catch the eye of the causal consumer as something of interest. Especially in today’s society where technology is growing, expanding that technology to the protection of children will greatly please a plethora of parents across the globe. However, there where a few issues with the presentation and the application itself that I want to talk about.
I don’t want to turn this into grilling the project itself, so I want to first talk about what I liked about the presentation. I really think that the idea of using jewelry will greatly improve the buy-ability of this product. I know that many people won’t buy a product because it might look unattractive, unfavorable, or clunky. Having it be something as simple as a nice necklace will please not only the parents, but the child, who will ultimately be the one responsible for the device. I also liked the fact that it has quick access to the emergency services that the user provides. I think one of the most important factors in dealing with an emergency situation is the response time, and this will certainly have a positive effect on it.
Now into the dislikes that I had about the presentation. Everything was presented very nicely. I very much enjoyed listening to the facts that you gave about the application and enjoyed hearing about some of the facts that led you all to choose this product. However, there was a large chunk of the presentation that went further than it needed to. I wasn’t keeping track, but a large portion of your presentation turned into a lecture about have frequencies and waves worked. While I understand that you are using this function in your device, this isn’t something that a board of directors, possible contributors, and consumers would all too much care about. Hearing all about the waves and how they operate, all I could think to myself was that it had turned into a science lesson.
There was also one major thing about the application itself that seemed to bother me. It was the feature that told the watcher, I guess that is what you could call it, that your child was in the vicinity of a sex offender. I understand that this is meant to only notify the parent, and it is up to them whether to react or not. I just can’t shake the feeling that this will turn into a witch hunt aimed at the person in question. You can’t predict the actions of anybody, so that’s why I don’t really trust that function too much.

No comments: