Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Cultured Cooking

I believe the project Cultured Cooking was phenomenal. I was really impressed by their website, by their PowerPoint, and by their food. But the thing I was most impressed by was their coming up of the idea. Seeing their backgrounds was really interesting to me. When I first saw their group, I didn’t initially think that they would do something along the lines of culture but it made sense. I’ve worked with many diverse people before too but usually, culture doesn’t become the main focus nor does food so to see the combination of the two in this group was really inspiring. I believe they have a fantastic idea but I did have some concerns. I think Cultured Cooking is a great way to get people educated on different cultures and traditions and styles of food. However, getting the massive amount of food necessary to send those boxes out is a concern for me. I mean sure, as a receiver of the box, I may not necessarily have to worry about how much food their getting in stock and where they’re getting it from, but from a business standpoint, for this to work, they need connections to get this food and the food needs to be fresh. Whatever connections they have, the connections need to be able to send in different amounts of food and different foods every month. I’m not sure, practically, that they can do that without having some kind of finances involved and with that being said, they’ll need to have money invested from the get-go. Personally though, I would sign up. I would love to get different boxes every month that is filled with a different receipe from a different country with a pamphlet that has information about that country on it. I think it’s a phenomenal idea and invention. But another thing I thought about was postal services. Who would pay to get these boxes shipped out every month and who would fill the boxes with the food? Sure if it’s only three or four boxes a month , that group could do it on their own but if they need to mass produce boxes, where is the labor going to come from ? Especially considering the fact that they are a nonprofit organization? Also would each recipe come with a variant assuming that someone was allergic to something? Or, if a person decided not to take a box that month, would another option be given? If the second option was given, would the people who took the original box be able to access that second box as well? Another thing is will you guys always take no as an answer from customers? I mean the main goal here is to educate people on cultures through food and, even if they are a subscriber, maybe it’d be best to let them go f they keep denying boxes each month. Once again, I believe this group did an excellent job. The idea was resented clear and concise, the presentation was scrumptious and understanding, and their descriptions were easy to comprehend. I believe they did a stellar job and I look forward to hearing more about it!

No comments: