Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Cultured Cooking

Cultured Cooking is a box of food, more like ingredients, from different cultures that you pay for. It provides you with recipes on how to make the ingredients into a specific meal and information about the country that they sent you. The purpose of this box is to experience something different and learn about other cultures in the easiest way possible, through food.

I believe this project was awesome. Not only did the girls, and Seth provide us with treats, but they went above and beyond on their project and made it really interesting. I think cultured cooking is a really good way to experience something new without having to leave your home. As they stated, it is an affordable way to experience something from another country, without having to leave the country. I think they were very considerate towards those who are unable to leave the country but would like to try new things. I think it is awesome that they thought of a way to give back to the community and donate a box to those in poverty.

My biggest concern is shipping the box. I have heard of something similar to this, however it isn't as cool at this, the one I have heard about is just "fresh" ingredients to make a meal or something around the lines. I received a coupon to this fresh meal plan delivery box/ ingredients to make food box from Chegg.com and decided to check it out. As I was looking through the website I ran into the reviews. I noticed some people complained that when the box was delivered to them, sometimes the box would smell funny and some of the ingredients looked rotten. Maybe it was fresh, but there is always going to be something that goes wrong, especially when it's concerning food. Maybe the delivery people left it out in the sun and caused for a dairy product to expire or something like that. How would they make up for that? I am sure this would be a reoccurring problem, because I feel like people at FedEx and UPS do not really care about how you get your items, I have had boxes that say fragile thrown at the front of my doorstep and I'm like really dude?? However, this is not every delivery person (No discrimination against delivery people... lol @.@) but yesss...

Overall, I think their project was awesome, I think they did a great job at presenting and explaining how food connects us all. I think that it was a great idea to choose food from different countries, because that way people would not get bored of seeing the same types of food over and over.

No comments: