Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Helping Hand's

            This presentation was very interesting to me. I really liked the idea that the creators of Helping Hand’s had in mind. My parents are still together, so I have never had to experience a life with a single father. Though, I do know a handful of people that this could be very useful, both male and female.
            I am sure that living as a single father could be extremely tough. It is a shame that people don’t think about the single fathers out there. Single mothers seem to be the majority, or at least that’s almost all that people hear about. Single mothers have tons of sources, which are extremely beneficial in raising a child on your own. This causes the single fathers to be thrown to the side, and suffer the neglect from a one-sided society.
            The ladies in this group may have provided the best possible option for the issue that single fathers face on daily basis’. I especially liked the fact the ladies were able to tell us their experience dealing with a single father from their personal experiences. It was good to have that first-hand account of their lives.
            The group showed charts that shocked an entire room. The charts sowed that divorced fathers get the children way less than divorced mothers. This is unfortunate and I don’t think there is a big enough reason for this to happen, as it is unfair and puts a hurtful stereotype on men.
            I understand that men may not relate to their younger daughters as well a mother, which seems to be the main purpose of Helping Hand’s. I know if I were a single father, dealing with a daughter going through puberty would be strange for me. It’s something I would be able to relate to a son with, but not something I have experienced, since I’m not a female, which would make it hard to help a girl going through it.
            Also, I wouldn’t be able to give good advice to my daughter for boy problems. As a guy, I at least know what goes through our mind, but I wouldn’t understand why a female would get upset or respond to the way that men act.

            Altogether, I was pleased with this presentation, and it’s definitely something I would use often if I were put in the situation.

No comments: