Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2018

iCare and So Should You

The purpose of this business is to help customers find low-cost clinics to assist with their needs. This business is dedicated to aiding people who are not insured. As an individual who is lucky enough to have insurance, I feel as if this is a wonderful idea. This business even provides transportation if a customer needs one. So, let's face it, not everyone is lucky enough to have healthcare. This is Canada, where everyone has healthcare. So what is an alternate solution to that? Helping those without it in a different way. 

First, I would like to point out a few things about the logo. The logo has a light green leaf with the words "iCare" in a deeper green. As we all know, colors can have an important effect on a business. The light green represents growth and harmony. And the dark green represent money. I feel like this is very important and relevant to what this business is trying to support. This business represents easing the financial burden that healthcare carries to those who need it. By easing this burden, they are  promoting growth and longevity to those who previously could not afford it.

As for the transportation aspect, I have a few questions. Would this organization pay those who take the time out their day to provide transportation. Would it be some sort of collaboration with Uber? Or would these individuals be trained medical professionals? These were just a few questions I wanted to raised before I continued further with my analysis.

Then, the group starts by defining what healthcare actually is. It also challenges me to rethink how I view healthcare. They ask the question: Is health insurance a human right or another product one can buy? The U.S seems to follow the second description. However, I have never though health care as a human right. All I know is that is a privilege in my life that I for not take for granted. The group then goes into elaborating more on  the history of health care in America. Then the group relates it to Memphis and its achievements in healthcare.  Now, the way this group executed this idea in a website is beautiful. The actual website itself is easy to use and could actually be innovative. The website starts off with among women with an warm and inviting smile. The website is also very easy to navigate. As with every idea, there is always an issue of funding. I am interested in who this group would contact to get funding? As the group stated, Memphis is a epicenter for healthcare services. So I would assume that many organizations in Memphis would support this idea. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

To me ICare seems like a smaller version of Obamacare. Which Obamacare us something that has already been thought of though this idea does have potential.

Unknown said...

I love the colors that were used and why. That's great branding. I believe healthcare is a basic human right, I feel that anyone should be able to get the care needed regardless of anything. I think that many times we do not think about how privileged we are to have certain things because we've always had them.