Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2018

GroupSync

The first presentation, GroupSync, was really enjoyable. I feel like each member contributed important details to the societal problem they were addressing (problems in group projects), while providing relatable humor, such as memes, jokes, and videos to maintain the attention of the audience. One of the key things I've noticed in my years of presenting is that you have to keep the audience interested in what you are talking about, which is EXACTLY what the group did. On top of keeping the audience's interest, the group handed out a quiz for us to take to find out if we were introverts, ambiverts, or extroverts (I'm an introvert), which I thought was an interesting way to make us feel like we were playing a significant role in the presentation. Also, they seemed very interested in what they were talking about and the discussions that followed.

As far as content goes, their concept seems like it could actually work. As college students, we find it very difficult to find group members for certain projects, and their website makes it easier to achieve this goal. Each member can create an account, give a description of their skills pertaining to working in a group (strengths and weaknesses), and a progression bar, which captured my interest, because it is a smart way to check up on individual group members to see how they are progressing on a project. I could actually relate to what the group was discussing when they mentioned that some introverts find it a challenge in collaborating with others. Overall, their project inspired me to put even more effort in my group's project, on top of what I've already done.

No comments: