Pages

Monday, April 30, 2018

Oh, there's a baskteball game today?

From an entrepreneurial standpoint, I loved the way the group went and did actual interviews or market research. It not only added credibility to their project but helped the planning process. So many times people have great ideas, but they do not listen to their market very well. Your market is who drives what your product is. The video really showed the problems were that students were facing. One of them being not knowing about campus events.
I have noticed that as a student here at Christian Brothers University, we have a very large communication issue. When I was a cheerleader, many people would say, “Oh there’s a basketball game, today?’ This was when I first noticed that there is a communication issue at CBU. Not many students read the connection. People do not look at the flyers around campus. Word of mouth also barely works because we have such a large commuter population that simply goes to class and then goes home. We often get the same people at events all throughout the year. I love the idea of the events feature. I think it would be great to also add a clubs and organizations section where they could make profiles about their organization. This could help student involvement on campus.
I love the food feature, because I would definitely love to know the off campus food deals because food on campus is not affordable all the time, even when you do have the unlimited meal plan. The hours are terrible. This could be a great alternative.
While this app or platform does not solve anxiety directly but it could be an indirect positive outcome.
The book exchange feature would be something that I would use. Books are also so expensive and I think a book exchange would be great for cutting down on costs.
 While this app or platform does not solve anxiety directly but it could be an indirect positive outcome. I feel that this app does help with many of the problems that students face and it solves many of the problems in simply one place. The amount of features or functions are endless with this app. I mean the functions could include a planner for class and homework, club/organization pages, carpooling, campus news, sporting events, and so much more.

Overall, I enjoyed this project very much. They answered questions very well. I think this app could be a great reality and if I had money I definitely invest in this idea. Like I said in the beginning I loved the student interviews and how they used this to form their product. 

1 comment:

Kristen Howard said...

I totally agree, there needs to be an app that clarifies more on what exactly is happening on campus. This is something CBU could truly benefit from.