Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

I want to Pa$s the Buc

At the beginning of the presentation of Pa$s the Buc, I was shocked to find out that a single student spends around $1,200. I kind of had an idea about how much a student spends on the books he or she buys, because of buying books and also of friends at different universities. As a student and having to buy books every semester and most of the time at the most expensive price, I have always wondered if I knew more people or if I was connected to more people at my school I would be able to get the book I needed for free or even cheaper than the Amazon price. This Pa$s the Buc app and website is a great idea that connects so many students to be able to sell/give them to the future students who need them. This is such a creative idea that I would have never even thought to intently about.

I was impressed by their idea of having not only selling a book but also being able to trade. Pa$s the Buc app was a great way to connect students to cheaper and more effective way to get school supplies. Not only is it hard to find out if someone has taken the class before and still has the books but the people who do not need the books anymore is willing to sell them. Not only can one sell books but also sell pieces of clothing, which is great for students that cannot afford the overpriced of new clothing. I know how it is when we as students are on already a low income and paying for one more piece of Buc clothing or one week's pay. This app and website is so great that I wish I was real to help everyone save money, even if it was only a little cheaper then Chegg or Amazon.

I was still skeptical of the trading part of the app for a book or item for trade of service(s). This could potentially cause some problems with the bad part of society. However the idea of this invention is worth it for everything can be used in the wrong way or be abused. When someone in the class showed that this could potentially be a problem and questioned the makers of this Pa$s the Buc they explained how that could be solved by the reviews of a specific person. Not only could it be reported as a review but it would notify the makers of the issue so that why it would be handled correctly. This is very important to me for it is something that protects us all from the evil of the world and still allows us students to future our education without severely damaging our wallets.

No comments: