Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

VoteUSA

The VoteUSA application is a brilliant idea. At the route technology going, this app has the potential to be the future. I definitely agree with many of the issues that were presented as a result of people not voting. Some individuals are unaware of the process, do not want to stand in long lines, too busy, or etc. For this reason, we must learn to use the technology that we have with us everyday-- our smart phones. We will be able to vote virtually vote anywhere with this application, as long as we are connected to wifi. Wifi and storage space are the only issues that foresee with this app. Do I have to be connected to wifi in order to actively participate in the voting process, and how much data and space would be affected by me downloading this app. Will I delete and redownload it as the voting seasons come about.

 To answer my own rebuttal, I think that the app should use little to no data when it is not being used. Perhaps the app does work on wifi connection, but I believe that unlimited data will become more accessible to smartphone users within the next 20 years. Many people will have unlimited space and storage for a lot less than what we pay for today. Overall, I love the concept of this app. It is convenient and efficient. I’m not sure about how the government would maintain and keep up with it, but they will definitely find a way.

 P.S. In class there was a comment made about the abolishment of the electoral college. It seemed that many people in the class disagreed with get rid of the electoral college. I believe that the electoral college should be more representative of the people’s views. Of course this is what it aims to do; however, I strongly disagree that those politicians always have our best interest in mind. I don’t think that the electoral college should be totally disbanded, but I do think the entire system needs to be thoroughly revamped to accommodate the voice of the country. So many politicians are after personal gain, money, or just relentlessly advocate their own political beliefs. This causes gridlock, confusion, and corruption. That is why many people do not trust the government, as well as the electoral college.

No comments: