Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I Never Knew How Hard it was to Flo

       Free Flo is a wonderfully pro women and pro less fortunate idea that can greatly benefit its users. The plight of those not prominent in society is often overlooked but this invention shines a light on a people who are twice over looked; less fortunate women. The importance of feminine hygiene products, while significant and deserving of focus, is something that all too often does get overlooked. Even for a female such as myself, I would have never thought to donate those supplies to homeless shelter. This is why this concept is so practical and informative because if shines a light on feminine hygiene while doing something about it. I feel as though this concept of Free Flo could easily take off and be something every state and city has.
        The way they have set up a store on their site is a very inventive way to create revenue for their product. Their chocolate and candy concept is also unique and imaginative, selling chocolate because that is a common product that women on their menstrual cycle crave. I feel as though this could be expanded by selling coupons to the different restaurants that are connected with Free Flo, selling Free Flo shirts, and even selling special marked feminine hygiene products at double the price, so that you get money back to buy more products. I further applaud them on their website because it does a great job at explaining the problem at hand.
        Leaving signs in the windows of shops to advertise that they welcome Free Flo is a great idea. Posting signs in local establishments both helps get the Free Flo brand out and creates incentive for an establishment to put the sign in their window. I feel as though a shops revenue would go up based on the effect of having a pro- women store front. Another way for the Free Flo plan to be more efficient in getting feminine hygiene products out to the less fortunate would be to encourage people to bring the products directly to the restaurants. Women would be stopping by the restaurant sooner or later anyway, it would be easy to bring in a pack of tampons to donate.
        Overall this idea is a very effective and I can truly see it being implemented in all cities. There is no place that doesn’t have a significant enough homeless female population.
     

2 comments:

Natalie Stewart said...

I throughly enjoyed this presentation in particular. Your group tapped into a very under addressed topic––the menstrual cycle. It's true what you all concluded. Though I do donate to Goodwill and shelters when possible, I have never once thought of essentials such as tampons or pads. Not only did you see and present a problem, but also a solution. A very real solution. I honestly hope that this issue comes to the forefronts of people's attention. I know it definitely has for me.

Natalie Stewart said...

I throughly enjoyed this presentation in particular. Your group tapped into a very under addressed topic––the menstrual cycle. It's true what you all concluded. Though I do donate to Goodwill and shelters when possible, I have never once thought of essentials such as tampons or pads. Not only did you see and present a problem, but also a solution. A very real solution. I honestly hope that this issue comes to the forefronts of people's attention. I know it definitely has for me.