Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Great Imagination

The documentary was a great video. I was very astonished by how many accounts she had, I believe it was somewhere around 15 . I hate it when I have to make an account for myself on anything let alone make 15 fake accounts. She must have had a lot of time and most importantly a great imagination to connect all other profiles with one another. If I were in Nev's shoes, I don't know if I could have gone through with it knowing I was being catfished to do the documentary. After he found out Megan was not real and not the person who he had imagined to been talking to for 8 months, I believe anyone else would just have stopped and block the numbers. Instead however, he kept going with it to see who was behind it all, I believe that was a good idea because once they found her, they confronted her and were able to let her know what she was doing was wrong and she had to get straighten up. Had they not done what they did, she could have just picked another victim to catfish, and the cycle perhaps could have kept going. Something I found really incredible was how calm and collected Nev was when speaking to the lady who tricked him. He was really sympathetic towards her, heck he even let her paint a self portrait of him, which is probably very unlikely any one else would had handled it the way he did. Not once did he scream or treat here rude in any way. There was something i did find weird in the video. The lady who was about in her 40's was married and while catfishing Nev, they were sexually texting and you could notice she was attracted to Nev. However, when they asked the husband if he knew what was going on between Nev and his wife, he answered that Nev was his wife's number one painting buyer. This made me think if they ever told him that his wife sexually texted Nev, because he did seem a bit clueless about the whole situation. If I were put in the situation Nev was put in, I do not believe i would have handled it the same way he did. I would have been mad to have been lied too and had wasted time of my life thinking I was someone different.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nev was courageous to confront her about the lies. But, I see this as something positive at the end. Nev choose not to act in malice, but sympathetic toward Angela. Nev's kindness and forgiveness helped Angela to realize what she was doing was wrong and was hurting Nev and herself, including her family. I think at that point, her illusions were shatter and decided to change herself positively and stop lying to herself. Instead of running away from the harsh truth, you just need to confront it.

Unknown said...

Nev was bold and told Angela whats what in the nicest way possible. and they both came to peace with the whole messed up situation.

Unknown said...

She definitely had a lot of time on her hands in order to manage all 15 accounts, talk to Nev as Megan, raise Abby, and take care of the boys and Vince.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on that! I think that Nev is a great person for going along with that even after he knew he was being catfished. He is a very courageous young man that has a very humble spirit, but I don't think that I would've been able to deal with that either and be so calm about it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on that! I think that Nev is a great person for going along with that even after he knew he was being catfished. He is a very courageous young man that has a very humble spirit, but I don't think that I would've been able to deal with that either and be so calm about it.

Anonymous said...

Like the other people commenting on this, I agree that the way that Nev was excellent. In fact, it's the best way that he could have handled it. Like you, I think I would have also had to stop filming had I been the one in Nev's place. And if I had kept going, I wouldn't have kept my cool the same way he did. He handled it calmly in a completely rational manner, thus allowing for an easier talk with Angela. Had he not had such a talk with her, she likely would have kept Catfishing people and never learned the error of her ways.