Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Learning How To Budget

I think this project was well thought out and a great idea. Many college students are clueless on how to budget and I feel like that many business majors learn how to or learn how to manage money well in finance, accounting and business classes but even then they still might not know what to do with their own money. Although this was specific for college kids, I feel like your company could expand to high school students as well because even people who do not go to college that still have jobs need to know hoe to budget as well. I know in class we mentioned this and you suggested that kids in high school take classes like economics, but I feel like in my economics class I was not informed as much as I would have like to have been. Many things in high school that kids were not able to learn if they did not have parents that informed them were things like bills, budgeting, and cars etc, so I think this is a good way for kids to be informed. Even though it is for strictly college kids I think it was still a good way for young adults to figure out their money situation so that they are not too far in debt when they finish college. I know I would definitely use this if it was available for myself.
The presentation was very informative about statistics like 30% asking for maximum loans. Before college I didn't really know much about how much taking loans out can hurt you, but I am glad that I learned that before I took out too many. I think young adults can be immature in the sense that they think it would be a good idea to take loans out because they do not understand the damage it can do, but I think with the help of your company, it could save a lot of people from going too far into debt too quick. The only question I have now being able to have thought about it, is that many people are going to take loans regardless and that will put them in debt no matter what, so is there something your company can do to help with scholarships or finding ways to not take loans? I know you mentioned helping people find jobs, but is there anything else you would do if they couldn't get a job because they play a sport or have too much of a work load with school? Overall, I think the presentation was great and informative and I wish it was a real company.

No comments: