Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Passing The Buc

Being a college student is in fact not the easiest thing. With all of the demands of college, college becomes more stressful. The increase of tuition, books, and room and board causes challenges for many young adults. Therefore, students have to find a way to pay for school, books, and to live on campus. Just as Olivia, I also have to work and play a sport to make it pay for school. Not only do I have to juggle being both a student and an athlete, but I have to find time in my schedule to make extra money. Although room and board and tuition is partially covered, books are just as expensive. In addition to books being expensive, some of my classes require a textbook that was barely used. Also, many courses require an access code that cannot be bought without a brand new book. I have always wondered if there was a way to save on books. So Pass The Buc is a wonderful idea.

I really liked the idea that students could borrow and trade books with other college students. It is indeed beneficial to both students. It's a way to put the power back into the hands of students. After all, prices are continuing to rise. So, if there is going to be a change, why not Pass the Buc? I also liked that your app makes it possible to receive tutoring. Many times students are uncomfortable going to their professor and would like to have one on one tutoring. On top of being able to receive tutoring, it is almost free. Most tutors charge and that can steer college kids away from getting extra help. After all, every college kid loves the word FREE! Furthermore, I thought that being able to purchase gear on the app was clever. Although the book store has specials on gear, the prices are lower. This allows students to receive nice gear for a nice price. Lastly, I thought that using the students' school logo was quite crafty. It is a nice way to protect college students. Overall, I thought that this idea should actually be created! I would definitely download the app.

I did have a few questions for you guys. How would you ensure that the clothes are still in good condition? Potential buyers would upload a picture from off the internet which isn't how it actually looks. Also, are the clothes refundable or exchangeable as well? How would that process work?

No comments: