Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

What I Think About: Audite

I believe this is a beneficial product to our world today. With the many languages in our world and people learning to speak or struggling to speak it, I believe this is the type of device they need in their every day lives. Not only does it serve as a translator, but there is a speaker installed in it where you can communicate back to the person. Sometimes when you try to translate something from a dictionary or even from Google Translate, it takes a while to type it or look it up and most times, Google Translate isn’t accurate. I believe Audite serves as a real time use and a quick fix to problems when we don’t understand someone, especially when it comes to problems in the health department or even in a business. Audite is able to translate for us in an instance. I think this project was very thought out, especially in a way where it would benefit those who need it. I like how you helped make use of your product for popular languages and consider new ones to include into your product as well. Additionally, I like the new addition with the swap and how it will benefit in conversations instead of hearing the language translated and not doing anything about it. I think the swap feature benefits conversations so you are able to have a conversation with the person.

Although the app overs many beneficial aspects to it, such as communicating in another language and being able to understand it, I worry that it will make us unmotivated to learn a new language. For example, if we choose to rely on this product to translate for us, we may not make the effort to learn the language on our own. By relying on the product, we will not be challenged. We will not be challenged in the way we think or process memory the same way because the hard work of translating will be done for us. This is something that should and needs to be considered with the product. In the end, I know the choice of learning another language while using this product or completely relying on the product is our choice. Regardless of how we choose to use this product, I still believe it is a wonderful product. When Zach gave the story about not being able to interact with his family members, it made me see a need for this product more. This need can be due to the lack of communication between family members because of language barriers. Overall, I think the design of your product and what you presented was very professional. Also, I really liked how you may use taking a picture as a way to translate in the future. I absolutely adored this idea and think that this can truly benefit our world today. Great job!



No comments: