Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

For elderly


We do not take the time to think about the future, and how what we are doing now affects the way the future is going to look. Especially when it comes to the elderly society, instead of giving them more we are steady taking more and more from them. Then finally we come to realize that we are eventually going to get old and become the elderly in the population, then we are going to want to complain about not having certain things. Not only  is a problem for the elderly not having certain things but it also is unfortunate  how the body goes to downhill. Things that young people take for granted like eyesight, critical thinking, or even just walking is a daily for some elderly people.

In the LEAF app project by Wenting Zhu and Amy Deckelman, they make everyone open your eyes about the elderly population and their struggles. The illustration at the beginning of their presentation were Raf and I played a game were you used your motor skills was definitely an eye popper for me. I found the game extremely easy to function at the beginning, just follow the patterns you see and you could also hear that each color made a different sound. But, when she made put on sunglasses and ear plugs plus with Raf distracting me made it a lot more difficult. So difficult that I could not focus on the game and I ended up losing. This made me realize what exactly what the elderly society goes through.

In their presentation I found it very sad. Especially in some the videos that dealt with the elderly expressing their loneliness and desire to the fill the missing gap of family members and friends. I have never took the time to think about who visits the elderly. It just made me think of my grandmother and how she is always complaining about how she has nothing to do. But, most people do not realize or think about it because they are living their day to day lives. Amy really made you sentimental when she explained what was going on with her mother-in-law and her reason for creating the app.

I did get confused when it came to how the app goes from a social media for elderly people and then it is also helps with their medication and appointments. I think that the app should serve as one purpose.

No comments: