Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Shop R' Stop Presentation

I liked the Shop R’ Stop presentation, it was a good idea, because I do not really think about childhood slavery. I though the app was a great idea, it can take a lot of time to look up each store wondering if they use children slaves to make their products. With the app, just walking into or around a store, you can be notified about it immediately. I think this app would frustrate a lot of the companies that sell these products, but it is defiantly something people need to be conscious about. Nobody wants to be enslaved and you should not support such companies that do. 
It is crazy to think that chocolate, cotton, tobacco and coffee are companies that widely enslave children to do these gruesome and hard jobs. 

I already do not wear any jewelry, but I am seriously considering not wearing any diamonds. I will gladly wear fake diamonds any day, over thinking about the rock on my hand was picked by a child that could have or did die over. 
I applaud the group members for coming up with such a great idea that we do not really think about, but now have set awareness for. 

No comments: