Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review on Bucca-NEAR-u

Bucca-NEAR-u

The first group that went in the 9 a.m. class made an app that really caught my attention. Not only was a real working app, it was thoroughly put together as well. Being a safe place to go when people in a situation don't feel safe made me think that this idea was thought out carefully. I liked how you could send an alert or an email when you felt unsafe. I also liked that it would give your location within a 10 meter radius. The location part is super cool because it could help if you feel like you are being followed or if you were just the victim of an assault and cannot move. 

There we a few things I liked and disliked about this project. The first was the app part like I mentioned above. I wish we had a cool computer guy in our group that helped with our app when we were struggling. Another was the logo as you see above. It is super cute and school spirited. I love how it has our mascot's head and a police badge. The last thing I liked about it was all the stuff involved into the app and presentation. All the statistics and facts that lead up to their project really showed how it could be useful to our campus and other campuses in the country. 

Some things that I disliked about their project was non-anonymity of it. Some people who send a report may not want to be known if it was like a carjacking or something similar. Another is something Dr. J mentioned. If you were to get a lawsuit out of a report, would there be actual proof of the reports? Who would keep a hold of these reports and would they be private? I know there are a bunch of laws about victims' privacy and what not. That kind of stuff falling into the wrong hands could turn out bad.

All in all, this was a very good project and a well thought out idea when it came to solving a moral problem. Also being the first group up, they gave the rest of us hard competition coming in behind them. I hope that if this were to become a real, working project that they would add more features. And I will definitely be one of the people to get this app. Good job guys on such a great idea!

No comments: