Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

WireTap Review

Being the psychology major that I am, I absolutely loved the idea behind the WireTap headphones. As for what I understood, these headphones will be able to sense if a person is having an anxiety attack, feeling depressed, stress, suicidal thoughts or bullying. These things as stated is a huge problem in the world but especially with the young people. They are the ones that can be victims too these things and feel as if there is no one there to help them out. Also, they just may feel like they cannot ask people for help or do not want to ask for help. Whatever the case is, I think these headphones can help the people wearing them and can save lives if they are on the verge of committing a suicide.

However, I did not get exactly how the music would help them overcome this health problem. I know depression is a huge problem, and it takes psychiatrists a long time to help a client out. With many of these health conditions, one session will not solve the problem. As a result, how effective is it really? Like Dr. J stated that happy music when feeling depressed or being anxious does not help them, rather makes things worse. I think that is somewhat true. I say this because there are instances when I just want to be sad or I just need time to vent out what I feel. I don’t want cheerful music because I do not find any joy in it. However, like listening to classical music actually helps calm me down. I do not know what it is about classical music, but it is very helpful for me in though situations. As a result, I feel like you guys will need to figure out more on what type of music will actually help the client out.


However, this is a good start to something big. It may need help from psychiatrists or psychologists in order to figure out what will be the best way to approach this. I feel like they will be able to help in developing a profile that fits each of the clients needs, as each client has a different personality. Therefore, we cannot generalize that certain music will help everyone out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree that they have created a product with lots of potential.