Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Reflections: Wire Tap Project

Wire Tap!

The idea of Wired Tap was pertinent to today's issues since mental illnesses is constantly going unnoticed in all communities and not just the Black community. I like the idea of the headphones and I think they will be more resourceful for younger people than older people because older people tend to be less technology savvy. Plus I think the audience for these headphones will attract parents to buy these headphones for their children to help regulate their everyday activities. Needless to say, if there is a need and its for all people then why not. The headphones would be especially resourceful for the medical field. I would suggest adding a GPS/tracking device for doctor's to track their patients during their time with the headphones on. I wonder how much will these headphones cost? Will they be accessible to low income even if they are not able to afford the insurance warranty? I would also add playlist options as a starter. When creating this playlist I would be considerate of the music selection; I would suggest jazz or music without lyrics to help stimulate the mind without outside voices. I would also suggest making these headphones accessible to the poor for instance if a person purchase one their payment can go towards another pair of headphones for someone who is underprivileged and can't afford them. I would suggest offering earbuds incase some people are uncomfortable with wearing headphones. I would also offer that these headphones should be sold to hospitals such as lakeside therefore their patients can have them at their exposure; instead of releasing their mentally ill patients and having to monitor their behaviors throughout their day. Overall I think this project was well thought out and will possibly fix the issues that are going on.


SN: submitted post on Dec. 4 & just combined both reflections together instead of separately.

No comments: