Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Leaf Presentation

I think the app called Leaf for the elderly and their caregivers is a great idea. Technology can be very complicated and frustrating for senior citizens and I think this app is very easy and helpful. Old people do have to deal with loneliness especially if they do not live with other relatives or if their spouse have died. Old people need to go out and socialize as much as we need to, and I think this app incorporates that nicely. 

With age comes illness like dementia and that can be hard for the family and the caregiver. I think it is a great idea that the caregiver can also know that they are not alone. They can meet with others like them and socialize as well, because you can very easily not have anytime for yourself. With this app, you can socialize and let your ill loved one socialize as well. 

I am not old, and I forget to take medication sometimes, and i think its great that you can input your medication and have reminders set so you do not miss a dose. I think you should also add a function that reminds them its almost time to refill the prescription, because from experience in the pharmacy, many old people forget that they need a refill or order the refill so they can have it in time. 


It is crazy to think that in forty years, there will be more of the elderly, which includes us, than the young. So, while we are young, we have an obligation to take care of the old. After their presentation, I defiantly wanted to go and see my grandpa who the last of my grandparents. 

No comments: